Cast Iron Horse Head
Cast iron horse head in black patina, c. 1900, originally displayed outside Kauffman's Saddlery as a sign typical of the period to show the company's trade. Kauffman's was originally located on Division Street on the Lower East Side (1875), one of the first saddleries in New York City. Kauffman's subsequently relocated to E. 24th in the 1920s and the horse heads were taken with them. When the store again relocated to Park Avenue South, we were fortunate to acquire one of two of their marquees. It truly represents one of the most important pieces of New York City history.
32"h x 20"w x 25"d